Extra Brut : stuffed aubergine with feta and butternut squash
Today we share you a new recipe to tempt you : stuffed aubergine with feta and butternut squash. A delicious meal to serve with our Extra Brut champagne.
Discover our recipe of stuffed aubergine with feta and butternet squash. You can also download it by clicking here.
Serves 4 people:
6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 small buternut squash
120g feta cheese
2 medium aubergines
1 medium onion
A large sprig of fresh mint, roughly chopped
50g toasted almonds, roughly chopped
Sea salt and black pepper
Fresh mint, pomegranate and sunfower seeds to garnish.
1. Preheat the oven to 220˚C then peel and chop the buternut squash into 1cm chunks, toss in 3 tbsp. olive oil and roast for 20-30 minutes, untl tender.
2. Crumble the feta cheese into a bowl. Roll the aubergines hard with a rolling pin to stretch their skins and loosen their insides.
3. Cut of the green end of each and carefully scoop out the seed inside onto a chopping board, then roughly chop them.
4. Fry the onion in the remaining oil over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, untl translucent before strring in the aubergine insides.
5. Turn up the heat, season generously and fry for 6-8 minutes untl golden and tender.
6. Str in the mint and chopped almonds and remove from the heat before adding the feta and roasted buternut squash. Season generously to taste.
7. Stuf the aubergines with the mixture, packing it in very tghtly with a spoon. Roast any supplementary mixture alongside the aubergines.
8. Transfer to a baking tray and cook for 20-25 minutes, or untl very tender.
9. Allow to cool and slice with a serrated knife into rounds. Serve with scatered mint, pomegranate and sunfower seeds.
In your turn to realize this recipe! Enjoy it with our powerful Extra Brut champagne.