Blanc de Blancs vinifié sous bois: rack of lamb with roasted garlic and girddled polenta chips
Prepare a gourmet menu to highlight the aromas of our Champagne Blanc de Blancs vinifié sous bois with our recipe of rack of lamb with roasted garlic and girddled polenta chips.
Discover all our tips to make our sweet and savory recipe of rack of lamb with roasted garlic and girddled polenta chips to enjoy with a glass of Blanc de Blancs vinifié sous bois. You can also download it by clicking here.
To serve 4 people:
500ml chicken stock
A large sprig of rosemary
175g fast-cook polenta
2 large, ripe tomatoes
2 tbsp. capers, roughly chopped
2 tbsp. fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped 150g breadcrumbs
2 tbsp. dried rosemary
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 lamb rack (8-12 chops), Frenched (bones exposed)
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
4 bulbs of garlic
Extra virgin olive oil to garnish
Sea salt and black pepper
1. Bring the stock to the boil then add the rosemary sprig. Whisk in 150g polenta and stir continuously until cooked.
2. Add the butter and pour into a non-stick baking tray. Refrigerate until firm (about 45 minutes).
3. Meanwhile, remove the pulp from the tomatoes then dice them roughly. Place in a large bowl with the capers, parsley and a generous splash of olive oil. Season to taste.
4. Preheat the oven to 220 ̊C then mix together the breadcrumbs with the dried rosemary and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Mix in 3 tbsp. olive oil.
5. Spread the Dijon mustard over the fat side of the lamb then press the breadcrumb mixture onto it, spreading evenly to form a light crust.
6. Cut the firm polenta into chips of roughly 2cm diameter then place them on a roasting tray and brush each with a little oil before sprinkling with some dried polenta.
7. Cut the top off the garlic bulbs then drizzle with a little oil and wrap loosely in foil. Place them on the same tray as the polenta and roast for 30 minutes, or until the polenta is golden.
8. Place the lamb in a separate roasting tray and place it in the oven 20 minutes before the polenta is ready. Cook for 15 minutes, then allow to rest for 5 minutes.
9.Serve the lamb with the roasted garlic, polenta chips and tomato salsa.